Instructions to members of public about CO. OP. HSG. Societies and how to prevent cheating at the time of purchasing flats
1. VERIFICATION OF OWNERSHIP OF LAND.
Ensure from the City Survey office that the developer has been granted the N.O.C and the land is Non-Agricultural (N.A.)
|Types of land||Where to verify from|
|SMKMC Land||The concerned office|
|Govt. land||Verification from the Collector’s office|
For clear title, 7/12 (Sat Bara) Extract to be verified from the “Talathi” OR “Tahasildar” office.
For Land in Dispute or in legal litigation – approach “Bailiff” or “Arbitrator” from
2. N.O.C.’s OF VARIOUS AUTHORITIES
|MSEDCL||For electricity supply.|
|SMKMC||For drainage, water supply, commencement certificate|
3. TO CHECK THE LEGALITY OF THE CONSTRUCTION
A) Checking of Commencement Certificate or Intimation of Disapproval by the Municipal authorities.
B) Contact the Builder / Developer for
1. Plans submitted by the architect
2. Notice in Newspaper for clearance of title of the land
3. Certificate from solicitor
4. Confirm whether Residential or Commercial
5. F.S.I. permitted, and utilized by the builder
6. Percentage of reservation made for Government flats or any special category
7. Whether covered under Urban Land Ceiling Reservation
4. ENTERING INTO AGREEMENT
1. The agreement for sale should be properly signed by the concerned parties
2. The agreement must be attested by two witnesses
3. Only the agreement registered with the Collector will be treated as the
4. Stamp Duty should be paid only at the Collector’s Office at the time of
registration of the agreement
5. MODE OF PAYMENT
1. Cheque is the safest way of payment.
2. If paid by cash, insist on receipt.
3. Repayment of loans obtained from the Financial Institutions should be made only
to the concerned Institution and not to the builder or developer.
So Here’s wishing you a very happy year ahead, And all the bad luck to the cheats.