The NHAI (National Highway Authority of India) has announced to launch a customer service center via a toll-free number to the people who want to report any cases of road accidents happening on National Highways. Apart from this, the new toll-free number 1033 can also be used by the people to register any other issues related to the condition of the road or other highway related issues.
Dial 1033 to Report Road Accidents on NH – Launch Details
जन हित में जारी
According to the sources and statements were given at the PR, the NHAI has scheduled to launch the new toll-free number service for the people from February 2018, 1st Official dates of launch have not yet been provided by the authorities. The statements were officially made by Deepak Kumar, Chairman for NHAI authorities. The announcement was made while addressing a press meeting.
Toll Free Number
The government and authorities have launched the new Toll free number 1033 that can be reached by any telephone service at any convenient time.
- The new services have been launched by the authorities with an aim so that the victims falling prey to road accidents can be provided with immediate medical assistance.
- The authorities have ensured that the moment a victim is received he or she will be able to rush to the nearby hospital immediately. The authorities have also approached the state government to provide with all possible ambulance help services at the time of need.
- Under the new services, the authorities will also ensure that the state government takes all possible measures for deploying with emergency ambulance services ready for use near the highways.
- The new service will also act as all in one service for any person who needs assistance when traveling on the national highways at the time of emergency or non-emergency.
- The moment any call is received at the center end it would immediately be forwarded to the respective center for immediate action. The center will then take action depending on the situation by sending in crane service or ambulance at the accident spot.
To make the process more effective the authorities have ensured that they will be mapping the entire geographical location of the national highway. The government will also offer assistance to provide access to phone lines for the call center to provide better services to the people.